Sunday, July 12, 2015

Sepia Saturday: YMCA teams

I'm on the road on a caravan holiday this week and don't have access to my old picture files, but I do have access to the photos I scanned for the Genealogical Society of Victoria so I've selected one of theirs.

The photo was taken in the 1920s in Victoria at a YMCA camp. It appears to be the volleyball and baseball teams, in white 'uniforms'. Perhaps the teams are defined by the colour of the tie each man is wearing, or maybe it's a YMCA tie. The photo isn't clear enough for me to decide one way or the other.

The young men look happy to be where they are. (As an aside: I wonder if the side part in hair will ever come back.)

YMCA camp baseball and volleyball teams, Victoria, 1920s
This post has been in response to the Sepia Saturday's theme photo in which the women are wearing loosely tied neckties over white dresses.


5 comments:

  1. They look like a right bunch! Arms folded was the in thing there too, although perhaps to be expected in sporting groups. With those ties, they could have been scouts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On second thoughts, probably too old to be scouts, but maybe they had been previously.

      Delete
  2. I don't know about the side part, but I hope the center part for men never returns.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining in, even whilst travelling (which is more than Alan and I manage to do). Did the side parting ever go away?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Didn't care for any part of the hair parting, to be honest.

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Thankyou for your interest.

Lorraine

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...